The Belpre Senior Center is located at 1614 Washington Blvd. adjacent to beautiful Howe’s Grove Park. The Senior Center is managed by the O’Neill Center in Marietta, Ohio who provide 2 full time staff members to run programs, plan activities and guarantee the mission of the Belpre Senior Center which is to provide age-appropriate services and activities that help seniors be HIP – Healthy, Independent and Productive.
It is THE gathering place for seniors from Belpre and surrounding communities. They…
- experience supportive fellowship opportunities to prevent loneliness & isolation.
- receive valuable medical-related programs that enable sound decision-making in regards to personal health care decisions.
- track blood pressure and blood sugar readings weekly to enable better health care.
- benefit from the counseling available weekly by a licensed social worker and diabetic nurse educator as appropriate.
- have the opportunity to apply as early as possible for state-wide services such as assistance with utilities, home repairs, Farmer’s Market coupons, and social security, disability, or veterans’ benefits.
- receive annual flu and other appropriate immunizations from county or city health departments.
- have eye glasses and hearing aids cleaned / adjusted regularly.
- increase physical activity (and have fun!) while line dancing, exercising, playing volleyball, or learning tai chi.
- now send e-mails, join Face book, or search the internet at the computer lab.
- improve computer skills with “hands-on” assistance 5 days a week from staff persons or special classes periodically.
- congregate for meals, cards, board games, Bible Study, writing class, cooking club, and special programs or listen to jazz, country music or to hear children sing and much more.
- Support and care for one another during a health or family crisis and finally death.
Belpre Senior Center 1614 Washington Blvd. Belpre, OH 45714 740-423-6022
Meals on Wheels 740-373-3745